The University has received representations from the NON-CBCS scheme students who have failed to gain eligibility for promotion to 5th and 7th semesters as per regulations during the academic year 2017-2018 lo permit them to continue their studies of 5th and 7th semester. The said representations were placed before the authorities of the University. After detailed deliberations it is noted that:
1. University has already introduced Choice Based Credit System (CBCS) from the academic year 2015-2016 and the Regular Non-CBCS scheme will end by 2017-2018.
2. The University has already directed the colleges to conduct parallel classes for eligible V Semester Non-CBCS scheme students vide Ref. 2 above.
3. Conducting parallel classes for one more session for a very small group of students in a different scheme along with regular scheme will be a tedious task for the colleges.
4. Transferring these students to CBCS scheme will put the students into hardship and also hamper their vertical progression.
Under such circumstances, in the interest of students the authorities of the University resolved to provide an opportunity to such Non-CBCS scheme students to complete their course work of respective semester and fulfill Internal Assessment (IA) and Attendance requirements as per norms along with the eligible Non-CBCS scheme students through “ONE TIME EXIT SCHEME” and permitting them to appear for respective semester examinations after gaining the eligibility during Dec.2017/Jan 2018 and subsequent semester examinations conducted by the University.
This opportunity shall be subjected to the conditions stated in this notification.
:ONE TIME EXIT SCHEME:
I. Definition: Non-CBCS Scheme students – Means “the students
1. of B.E./B.Tech. who are under 2010 scheme
2. of B.E./B.Tech. who have joined from 2006 to 2010 scheme
3. admitted to B.E./8.Tech. in the academic year 2014-15 and joined for 2010
4. admitted to B.Arch. programs before introduction of 2015-2016 scheme”
1. This facility is not applicable to the students admitted under CBCS Scheme.
2. One time exit scheme is applicable exclusively for Non-CBCS Scheme students who are ineligible to 5th or 7th semester during the year 2017-18.
3. To attend the course work of 5th semester, the students should have completed 3rd and 4th semester course work as per eligibility criteria prescribed by the University and attended examinations of 3rd and 4th semesters.
4. To attend the course work of 7th semester, the students should have completed 5th and 6th semester course work as per eligibility criteria prescribed by the University and attended examinations of 5th and 6th semesters.
5. This facility is not applicable to the Non-CBCS scheme students, who have been detained due to shortage of attendance during their 3rd or 4th semesters. Such students shall follow the instructions issued in this regard vide Ref. 3 above.
6. There shall be no relaxation given with respect to Regulation OB 6.2 (B.E./8.Tech.).
7. The contents of this notification are also applicable to the students admitted to
8.Arch. Program under NON-CBCS scheme.
III. REGISTRATION TO ONE TIME EXIT SCHEME:
1. The students have to submit an affidavit in Rs.200/- Stamp Paper in the format enclosed herewith.
2. The affidavit has to be submitted to the Principal of respective institution.
3. The students who are registering to 5th or 7th semester under this scheme have to pay
1. University Processing fee of Rs. 2,500 /- per semester at the college and
11. College fee as applicable.
4. The registration shall be done as per Registration Format Enclosed.
5. All the details are to be filled meticulously and registration to this scheme should be done on or before 21st September 2017.
6. Under any circumstances, registration to this scheme will not be entertained after the last date.
7. The registration to this scheme is deemed to be cancelled if student fails to fulfill the
attendance requirement as per norms and he has to follow the instructions issued vide Ref. 3 above.
8. The aspiring student who is registering for this One Time Exit Scheme is instructed to
read this notification carefully before registration.
9. This one time exit scheme is not compulsory for any student and the students are free to Opt out of this scheme.
10. The University will understand that the registrant opted for registration under this scheme after going through the contents and conditions of this notification carefully.
IV. CONDITIONS TO BE SATISFIED:
a. There is no relaxation in maximum duration of the courses as per OB 6.2.
b. The students availing this benefit shall study the 2010 scheme and syllabus only.
c. These students have to compulsorily appear for their respective backlog papers during
Dec. 2017 / Jan 2018 examinations.d. Examinations
i. 5th or 7th semester registrants who have gained eligibility to respective semesters after Dec. 2017 / Jan 2018 examinations:
� There will be ONE TIME SPECIAL EXAMINATIONS to be conducted during weekends of March/ April 2018 for 5th and 7th semesters. This examination is a must for the eligible students.
� No student will be permitted to appear for backlog subjects during these examinations.
� These students will not be permitted to appear for 5th or 7th semester subjectsduring June/July 2018 examinations.
ii. 5th or 7h semester registrants who have failed to gain eligibility to respective semesters after Dec. 2017 /Jan 2018 examinations:
� Shall continue to attend the regular classes of 6th or 8th semester course work to fulfill attendance and IA requirements as prescribed by the University
� Appear for only backlog subjects (which he/ she was carrying during registration) during June/ July 2018 examinations.
� The student shall be permitted to appear for 5th / 7th semester examinations after gaining eligibility as per norms
iii. Notwithstanding anything contained above,
� Students registered under this scheme shall not be allowed to appear for examination of any semesters without gaining eligibility as per norms.
� No student will be permitted to register for more than one regular semester during one session of examination.
� The students are permitted to appear for odd semester examinations when the odd semester regular examinations arc conducted and even semester examinations when the even semester regular examinations are conducted.
iv. The notifications in respect of examinations will be issued by the Registrar (Evaluation), VTU Belagavi, from time to time.
v. The registrants have to appear for the examinations (as per the eligibility) as per the time-table notified by the University and no request for change in time -table will be entertained.